You want your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices professional wants to sell your home quickly and at the highest price possible and in the Alexandria and greater Northern Virginia area, many think it is easy as pie. If your REALTOR makes the home selling process look that easy, then you know you have hired the right professional for the job! They are getting the job done for you with the least amount of hassle. One of the key things any good agent needs to do is make sure your home must is exposed to qualified buyers who are serious about finding a home. This is a basic step, no matter if your house is in Alexandria, Virginia or on Maui!
What do serious buyers look like? They are ready to buy and show it by getting prequalified by a lender and knowing their price range. They have criteria to meet, including likes and dislikes. They have a moving date in mind. They’re represented by a real estate agent. They’ve already eliminated homes using the Internet and your home is on the short list. They can make a solid offer on the right home today.
Serious buyers aren’t nosy neighbors, open house explorers, or people who can’t or won’t make a realistic offer. Serious buyers won’t waste your time because they don’t want to lose the opportunity to buy your home to another buyer.
Your listing agent’s job is to network, advertise, and market to make serious buyers aware of your home. How attractive your home is to buyers is up to you. Here are five ways to help your agent attract buyers to your home.
- Verify market prices with your agent. Price your home for today’s market reality.
- Stage your home to best advantage. Declutter, depersonalize, clean it, paint it, and enhance curb appeal with fresh landscaping.
- Fix everything that’s a problem. No leaks, chips, smells. Move-in ready condition is what most buyers want. Don’t give buyers room to argue price due to condition.
- Do something extra for your home. Some updating, fresh paint, new appliances, or new countertops can work wonders.
- Be a serious seller. Just as a serious buyer is ready to buy, show you’re ready to sell by offering your home at an attractive price, being flexible about moving dates and other terms, and making your home available for viewing with their agents.
If you are considering putting your house on the market, give us a call and we will be glad to assist. No worries if you are outside the Washington, DC metro area, we will be happy to help you find the right agent in your market.