It is interesting to read up on the latest strategies and techniques for effective home staging. Staging today is not an option if an owner is serious about selling a property. Second only to pricing, condition and staging are key to impressing potential buyers and therefore, securing the sale of your property.
Here are some fall-related tips to help make a home more appealing:
- Too many holiday decorations create a cluttered atmosphere (such as Halloween, Thanksgiving & seasonal decorations). Less is more in this instance.
- Skip seasonal candles (they can be a safety risk and often have too strong of an odor).
- Well-lit rooms not only look larger—they also make properties more inviting. Open blinds and shades to let in natural light; turn on lights and lamps for additional illumination.
- Up the ‘coziness factor’ by adding pillows and plush throws to chairs and sofas.
- Keep the thermostat set at a comfortable level – it is easy to cut off the AC in favor of opening the windows in September and October but if it is unseasonably warm, keep the air conditioning turned on. The opposite is also true, if it is unseasonably cold, go on and cut on the heat. The temperature of a home is key to creating an inviting atmosphere.